UB ENABLES SEAMLESS TRANSACTIONS EVERYWHERE SO THAT CUSTOMERS CAN BUY INSTANTLY WITHOUT BEING PUT TO THIRD PARTY SITES
UB is an automation software provider. We live and breathe automation and robots. We are not a payments company, but we help customers buy and pay for online purchases instantly – without the need to be passed on to third party sites. So we deliver better online experience for users. And at the same time - we deliver further monetisation opportunities for meta-search providers, aggregators and banks, at no expense to the users. Win, win!
Through a super-awesome technology platform called the Automation Cloud that we have built, UB automates the booking of flights, train and bus tickets for users without any supplier, OTA or GDS integration. Rather than directing customers to a supplier website, they can book directly on a metasearch app or site.
For banks and payment companies we provide a “Buy Now” button which allows their users to instantly purchase products from any retailer website from inside their wallet.
We have 11 employees at our office in Farrington and have raised £2m in funding so far. We were part of Techstars in 2015 and the MasterCard Start Path programme in 2016. We are working with some of the best known brands in online travel and financial services, who are using our software. We are revenue generating and on track to break-even in 2017 and aim to raise Series A funding in Q3-Q4.
So, come and join us!
UB is looking to hire a CFO/COO to work with the management team in our London office. This will be a mixture of financial planning, sound reasoning, clear articulation of where we are and where we’re going, timely reporting, smooth administration and championing our growing and exciting business.
You’ll get to work at management level with the executive, product, development and bizdev teams, influence decisions in all these areas, work with our board and investors and be a key face of the company internally.
You’ll also be a primary contact for all UB employees. We have team members in London, Brighton, Bucharest and Kursk. Wherever we work we like to think we’re all dedicated, open and approachable individuals.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
And you will play a key role in:
You’ll also have experience of:
And it would be great if you also have:
You’re ahead of the game and you thrive on being at the top of your discipline. You get excited to take ownership of a project and drive it from start to finish. Taking on challenging problems gets you in the zone.
You have the ability to devise comprehensive solutions for problems that have never been solved before. And, of course, you solve known problems quickly. You understand the good and bad parts of a programming language, and use only the good parts. You follow coding style. You deliver quickly, knowing that the first 20% of your effort will solve 80% of the goal and, just as crucially, you know that the remaining 80% of your effort will solve the remaining 20% of the goal. You’re tenacious, and you have the ability to predict and adapt to future design changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
We’re looking for someone with (essential criteria):
It would be great if you also have (preferred criteria):